Mar 4, 2021
Have you tried Ella's Instant Vegan Yorkie Pud Mix yet? Not only does it make gorgeous fluffy yorkies, but you can also use it for toad-in-the-hole, pancakes and waffles too! 🥞🧇
If you try it, we'd love to see your pics! 📸
Ella’s Instant Yorky Pud mixes are made in a fully vegan kitchen in the heart of rural North Yorkshire. They are palm oil free, soya free, & fair trade!
Ella's tips for the best Yorky Puds:
1) Buy a good quality soya milk as the supermarket brands are too watery and they won’t rise as well.
2) The fat in the tray needs to be spitting hot before the mixture is poured into the tray and your oven on its hottest temperature (230 degrees)
3) Check your puds after 18 minutes and if they are cooking too quickly on top, then turn the oven down to 200 degrees for another 5-8 minutes to cook the middle.
4) Vegan yorky puds are different to the others in that you can quickly open the oven, any time after 18 minutes, to check on them, if you can’t see through the door that is. Unlike with other yorky puds where at no point can you open the door or it’s game over!
5) Toad-in-the-hole can have vegan sausages put in from frozen as both vegan sausages and the mixture take the same amount of time to cook. Only put in enough mixture so as not to cover the sausages completely. The cooking time varies depending on the size of your dish but if just the one packet and you use a small Pyrex dish, then it will be the same amount of time as on the packet (about 20 minutes- check them after 18 minutes etc like in point number 3 above)
6) Toad-in-the-hole is whatever you want it to be! It doesn’t have to be just sausages. I put in frozen sage & onion stuffing balls or frozen vegan dumplings into mine. All these things take roughly 20 minutes to cook so are perfect to pop into the mixture!
7) New, non stick muffin trays that have never been in the dishwasher are the best. The dishwasher takes away their non stick ability so you end up fighting to get the puds out of the tray and failing miserably!